Our career roadmap shows the career path from the moment you decide to become a peer specialist to the moment you earn the National Certified Peer Specialist (NCPS) certification!
Below are the steps to earn the NCPS, the first national advanced peer specialist certification:
- Verify you meet the NCPS requirements:
- Current state certification with a minimum of 40 hours of training OR completion an MHA-approved training
- A minimum of 3,000 hours of supervised work or volunteer experience providing direct peer support
- Start your application through the FCB online application portal.
- Complete your application using the Certification Guidelines.
- Schedule your exam online on in-person (you can prepare using our Self-Assessment Checklist and Test Preparation guide).
- Take the exam!
To learn more about the NCPS, head to NationalPeerSpecialist.org.
View in Browser